This section contains a myriad of reference material related to the
specifics of developing Android applications. It includes details of the application framework as
well as documentation for the Android core libraries. Please read the Getting Started Guide first to get up and
running with the Android SDK.
Here's the content you'll find in this section:
- Packages Index
- A list of all packages included in the Android system libraries with
links to the individual package summaries.
- Class Index
- Full list of classes exposed by the SDK, with descriptions.
- Class Hierarchy
- A list of links to the classes.
- List of Views
- A visual look at the various controls and layouts available
in the Android SDK.
- List of Intents
- Describes the Intents handled by the Activities that ship with the
- List of Permissions
- Describes the permissions that applications can request in the manifest.
- List of Resource Types
- Describes the various resources you can externalize and package
with your application.
- Android IDL Reference
- This document describes how to do interprocess communication
on the Android platform via AIDL (Android Interface Definition
- Defines common terms used throughout the documentation.
- An alphabetical list of all package names, class names, methods,
constructors, constants, enums, and fields in the Android system